Sunday, August 26, 2012

Week 3 of Lunches

This week the girls requested sandwiches in their lunches.  We now have a whole collection of sandwich cutters (thank you, Nancy!) and they are anxious to have turkey sandwiches that look like dolphins, dinosaurs, and penguins.  I really do not want to make a weeks worth of sandwiches that might become soggy in the refrigerator, so I will go ahead and make them a new sandwich the night before and save myself a little time in the morning.  This week:


  • Turkey and Cheese sandwiches
  • Honey Mustard Pretzals
  • Black Olives
  • Crinkle Cut Cucumbers and Carrots 
  • Ranch Dip
  • Applesauce (no sugar added) (frozen)
  • Juice Boxes (frozen)
I wrapped plastic wrap around the cucumber slices before putting them in the baggy with the carrots.  I am hoping they don't turn soggy.  The applesauce should mostly defrost and hopefully be a nice, cold treat for the girls.  I included a baggy with a plastic spoon and napkin.
I also found little plastic containers for the Ranch Dip for $1 (4 in each package).  I made the dip myself (42 cents for the seasoning, $2 for sour cream).  It filled 8 containers and there is more left over to finish the week.  At the market, a pack of 4 Hidden Valley Ranch Dip containers cost over $4!  





I love the way the sandwich cutters are square shaped and only take the crust off of the sandwich.  
For the record, Daniel will only eat sandwiches cut into train shapes.  The girls, however, will be excited to see what shape they get each day in their lunch.  Once again I will be using frozen juice boxes and a frozen water bottle to keep the lunches cool during this warm weather.  

















No comments:

Post a Comment